Terms & Conditions
Code of Conduct
While we are not associated with one church or Christian denomination, we are a Christian group and we strive to be guided by Biblical principles in our dealing with each other. All are welcome to participate in Edison Kids Inc; however, we request that all teaching and conduct be restricted to Biblical convictions and principals. Science is taught solely from a Christian perspective. We understand that alternative theories and perspectives exist however Edison Kids Inc is not the forum for them. We acknowledge that differences in personal convictions exist within the Christian community and we request that families use wisdom in how they apply these to the overall group. By accepting the code of conduct conditions, you are agreeing to abide by this standard.
Each family is ultimately responsible for its own child/children’s behavior and safety. If your child’s behavior becomes disruptive to his/her class in any way, you will be notified of the problem by the Coach or other supervising adult so that you may work to correct it. Any aggressive behavior towards other children, adults and/or equipment will lead to immediate removal from the lab. When equipment has been damaged, the family will be responsible for the cost of repairing or replacing it. After all these measures have been taken, if the child’s behavior continues, they will be removed from the program.
In order to keep harmony in our group and for the protection of all our member families, the Board of Edison Kids Inc does have the right to refuse or revoke membership. To revoke membership, the Edison Kids Inc Board will give the member(s) in question a chance to make amends before action is taken, unless the safety of member(s) is at risk. If the situation cannot be rectified, a majority vote will be taken by the Board.
If a situation arises between member families, we ask that you don’t wait to deal with problems. We request that if be dealt with according to the Matthew 18 example of conflict resolution. Do not gossip to others about the issue but go directly to the person involved to resolve the problem. This is vital to keeping a healthy, God glorifying atmosphere within our group.
Matthew 18:15-17: If another believer sins against you, go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back. But if you unsuccessful, take one or two others with you and go back again, so that everything you say may be confirmed by two or three witnesses. If the person still refuses to listen, take your care to the church. Then if he or she won’t accept the church’s decision, treat that person as a pagan or a corrupt tax collector.
I will use integrity when dealing with all financial matters. I understand that until fees have been received registration for workshops, teams and events are not final. I understand that failure to pay may lead to the exclusion of my student from the programs. Edison Kids Inc are very understanding of financial hardship and in no way wish to have finances be a barrier to your family’s participation.
Refunds: Registering for workshops, teams, field trips and events is like a contract between your family and Edison Kids Inc. Your student(s) is placed on the class roster, and income is committed to that program. Since programs are limited in size your registration may prevent other students from registering for that program. We do realize that circumstances may arise which would prohibit you from taking part in the program for which you are registered. In that situation, our refund policy is described in the following two sections:
Dropping/withdrawing from a program one week BEFORE the program begins: I understand that if I drop or withdrawal from a program one week prior to it commencing there will no penalty - 100% of my investment will be refunded. After that, see below.
Dropping/withdrawing from a program AFTER it begins – It is at the sole discretion of the Edison Kids Inc Board as to whether a refund will be issued. Please contact the President to request a refund.
Edison Kids Inc is not a drop off program. We actively encourage parents to be involved in the workshops and programs. To keep costs down we require parents to volunteer to some extent to help with fundraising, cleaning, etc.
We ask that when you sign up for programs you assess the commitment. Our teams are very competitive and require a commitment to complete the tasks. We do understand that sickness and major life situations happen however we ask you to consider the schedule when arranging appointments and out of town trips.
Edison Kids Inc has a zero tolerance for bullying and harassment. Keep your hands to yourself and your words kind.
Personal Property Policy
Edison Kids Inc does not accept any liability or responsibility for personal property that is brought to our facility. We cannot guarantee the safety and well-being of any toys, items, pets, etc.
If an item is brought due to a necessity for a lab, we request that families take every measure of safely store items while not in use. If the item cannot be left in the family vehicle, please contact a member of the Board in advance to make arrangements.
Please be respectful of other members items and treat them with extra special care.
Statement of Faith
We believe the following statements to be true:
- We believe in the Trinity: The Father, Son & Holy Spirit (One God, three persons).
- We believe that the universe and all living things (including man), were made by the direct creative acts of God with within the 6 (six) literal 24-hour days as described in the book of Genesis. Any biological changes that have occurred since the Creation week have done so within the original created kinds. The special Creation of Adam and Eve in the image of God, and their subsequent fall into sin is the basis for our belief in the necessity of a Savior for all mankind.
- We believe that death is the result of Adam’s sin and that no created life of any kind existed prior to the literal six-day Creation. We believe that the great flood described in the Genesis account was a historic worldwide flood in its extent and was a catastrophic event.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, God’s Son, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a Virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross for our sins, rose from the dead and ascended to heaven where He is the only mediator between God and man.
- We believe that all people are lost sinners and cannot see the kingdom of God unless they become born-again, being justified by grace through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s authoritative and inspired Word, without error in all its teachings, including Creation, history, its own origin, and salvation. Christians are called to submit to its divine authority, both individually and corporately, in all matters of belief and conduct.
- We believe that the work of the Holy Spirit is essential for the individual’s new birth and growth to maturity, and for the Church’s constant renewal in truth, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, power and mission.
- We believe that Biblical marriage as defined in God’s Holy Word is between one man and one woman.
- We believe that the Church is called to worship God, witness Jesus Christ and preach the gospel to all people.